What you need to know when choosing a social media agency
June 11, 2012 12:40 pm
Social media is a must. As a full service digital agency you could argue, ‘well, you would say that, wouldn’t you?’. But it is true. It is vital that as a business, you have a firm grounding in the world of social media. As many companies are doing nowadays, digital agencies who specialise in social media can really help you along the way.
So, what should you be looking for in a social media agency? Here are a few pointers on what to look for.
1. What do they do themselves? Do they have a Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn page? Do they utilise it regularly? You need to make sure that they, themselves, have a good grasp of what to do for their own business, before they tackle yours.
2. Case study. Can they offer you a case study? Can they offer you more than one? It is important that if your digital agency are taking your social media from you that they can show you what they have done for others, and not just for themselves. Don’t be afraid to ask to see some case studies.
3. How will they measure your social media? If they tell you that they can’t measure social media in any way, shape or form then they are telling fibs!
4. Will they provide you with a strategy? In order to boost your brand, gain followers and push your social media further there should be a strategy involved. If their plan is ‘we just wait and see’ or you feel it is more along the lines of ‘on a wing and a prayer’ then these guys are not the ones for you.
5. Do they write a blog? All full service digital agencies should be writing blogs. Standard practice. Have a read and see what their view point is. Do they put weight behind social media? If not then step away NOW!
If you want to find out more about how a full service digital agency can take charge of your social media, give us a call. Let us know what you are after and we will explain how we can work out the right social media strategy for you.
Categorised in: Blog