Top 5 Google+ tips
November 22, 2011 4:04 pm
Google+ is one of the hottest social media topics around. Unlike Facebook and Twitter, it is focussed on targeted sharing – this is what Google calls ‘circles’. Circles are small groups of people such as colleagues and friends.
Another feature of Google+ is ‘hangouts’. Instead of asking someone to join a group chat, you choose to ‘start a hangout’ and a message goes out to your circles, letting them know they can join you.
One of the most important features of Google+ is Google +1. This is a way for Google users to say they like your website or a specific page on it clicking a “+1” button. If someone “likes” your site then it appears in search engine results with a +1 icon.
Google have also indicated that they will use the “Likes” from the +1 button along with many other ranking factors to help rank your website in Google.
With more than 40 million users, Google+ looks set to grow. It’s already popular with early adopters and is growing rapidly with marketeers and businesses around the world.
Get the most out of Google + with these top 5 handy tips from the social media experts at mmadigital.
- 1. Display your +1’s. Let people see what you’ve been liking. Go to your profile tab, click ‘edit profile’, and then click on the +1’s tab. You will now get the option to ‘Show this tab on your profile’.
- 2. Spread the word. Send invitations to others to join without needing an email address. Perfect for enticing your friends over from Facebook and Twitter. Simply use the ‘send invitations’ option.
- 3. Don’t miss out. Regularly check the ‘people who’ve added you’. This will show you the people who have circled you, but you haven’t circle back.
- 4. Save time. The Google+ notifications toolbar can save you loads of time. Use the left and right arrows to scroll.
- 5. Ask for help! If you are interested in having the +1 button added to your website, email us here.
Categorised in: Blog