The truth about why people are not following you on Twitter
November 22, 2011 4:02 pm
The one thing that frustrates us is when people say Twitter doesn’t work for them and that it’s a waste of time – a fad! Ahem, 175 million people would disagree!
It may not be ‘working for you’ because you’re doing it wrong!
Here’s a list of things that you could do to increase your followers:
- If you’re following 1000 people, have 20 followers and no updates, you’re not going to get followed. It’s not rocket science!
- If you have a rubbish Avatar it will reflect on your brand. And if you don’t have one at all… say no more.
- Stop giving it the hard sell. Nobody wants to hear about how great you are in every Tweet. Balance it out with interesting Tweets that people actually want to read.
- No location, website or bio? Twitter is all about being brief. Make use of every inch available to encourage followers.
- If you don’t have the time to do it properly, people will notice. mmadigital manages social media for lots of high profile clients. Take a look here to find out more.
Rant over! Thanks for listening 🙂
Categorised in: Blog