Ten top Twitter tips
November 2, 2011 9:33 am
Get the most out of Twitter with these handy tips from the social media experts at mmadigital.
1. Make it interesting. Sounds simple but so many companies just Tweet about their product or service with a sales messages which doesn’t engage their followers.
2. Use keywords. Make a list of keywords and use them regularly. Keywords are the backbone of SEO.
3. Be honest. If you make a mistake or don’t know the answers, admit it.
4. Share stuff. Don’t be scared to share links and interesting articles from other sources as well as your own.
5. Use the search feature. Watch for relevant conversations and contribute. This gives you an insight into what your customers want and provides an opportunity to sell.
6. Use hashtags. Use # to create conversations around your brand but don’t overhash!
7. Connect to relevant people. We all want lots of followers but they really should be people who are interested in you.
8. Make friends. Thank followers for their Tweets, Retweets and follows, join conversations and get to know your followers.
9. Share links to your website. If you have a blog this a good place to drive followers to.
10. Ask an expert. If you simply don’t have the time, we’d love to get our hands on your Tweets. mmadigital can manage your social media for a small monthly fee and no contract.
Categorised in: Blog