Rising to the top – how the UK uses search
May 7, 2012 12:17 pm
It is no secret that search is core to your website. In fact most digital agencies pride themselves on understanding the dynamics and technology behind search engines. We know we do! Search is one of those rather interesting things and, as businesses rely more and more on search, it is key that you realise the full impact it has on your website.
Thanks to the help of Experian Hitwise we have put together a little fact sheet. That way you can wow your friends, your clients or just revel in the extra knowledge that you now have.
Here is a little snapshot of how the UK uses search:
– In December of last year (2011) there were 2.3 billion visits to search engines. December was the busiest month for search in the UK.
– 35% of website traffic comes from search.
– A staggering 9 out of 10 searches in the UK come from Google
– 1 in 5 searches ends up on a retail site
– Facebook is the most searched for term
– 28% of searches use two keywords
So from this snapshot it is clear that there are a few things you should be considering. The most important being ‘is your site searchable?’. With 35% of all website traffic coming from search it is vital that your website has the right search engine optimisation. Think for a second, do you have the right keywords? Are you easy to find on Google? With 9 out of 10 searches coming from Google it is the place to be!
If you are not sure whether your search terms are up to scratch then now is the time to get them in order. Don’t miss out on potential traffic, get your name at the top of the list, the Google list!
Categorised in: Blog