Mymarketing AID’s top 10 tips for SEO
November 10, 2011 4:46 pm
Search Engine Optimisation is necessary to bring visitors to your site. If you’ve taken the time to write some copy for a webpage or a blog, then you want it to be found. However good your copy may be, if no one reads it, then it will not bring in business!
As specialists in this area, Mymarketing AID have some tips about being seen, using SEO techniques:
1. Use page titles that accurately and concisely describe the content of your page to get higher ranking in search engine optimisation; use the main keyword in the title at least once
2. Your title should not be longer than 70 characters – this is the most that will show up in a search engine
3. Place your keywords nearer the front of titles and copy to ensure visibility and higher rankings with search engines
4. Using keyword(s) in the title means search engines will display it in bold when responding to a search query. This ensures a higher click-through rate
5. Keywords in the title also help to get your article/blog/website ranked higher in the search engines i.e. appearing higher up the page than others
6. Starting a title with a brand name helps to raise brand awareness and a higher click-through rate
7. Use the keyword once in the H1 (heading 1) header tag which are used to complement the title and increase SE pickup
8. Scatter keywords at least three times through your page copy so that when it is optimised, searches will find your entry more readily
9. Use relevant keywords to ‘speak’ to the search engines – this is low-energy, high impact SEO!
10. Keep copy concise and relevant; make sure you use the relevant format i.e. full of information for web copy; chatty for blogs
Tags:blog, boost search rankings, click-through rate, engaging content, google, keywords, mmadigital, ranking, search engine optimisation, search query, seo, SEO strategy, website
Categorised in: Blog