How Social Media is vital to SEO
November 16, 2011 10:33 am
Simply using keywords in your web content is not enough, it’s only a part of the optimisation and ranking process. Search engines now want to know how good your website is by looking at the number of backlinks your site or blog has.
As with all technology nothing stays still for long which is why search engines are now recognising social signals or links to influential people on Social Media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn add to the quality of your page and get you ranked higher.
Here are Mymarketing AID’s top reasons why social media is vital to SEO:
1. Social Media sites let you tap into existing traffic sources
2. Social Media is a time saver as you just need to upload your content, keywords and promotions. The site is already optimised so you don’t need to do anything more
3. Most social media sites are free and keen to grow their user base
4. Facebook and Twitter are very interactive so easy to connect with your audience – another plus over general SEO
5. Promoting your business on a Social Media site is instant and can lead to more traffic and potentially more sales very rapidly, whilst SEO is not interactive and much slower
6. You can reach a much wider audience using Social Media including potential customers;
obviously the reach with ordinary SEO isn’t as broad
7. You can synchronize and cross promote on Social Media sites. For example, you can link your Facebook and Twitter profiles so that one update will occur on both sites simultaneously. This obviously saves you time
8. More and more people use Social Media sites for searches too
9. Things to share on Social Media sites include your blog posts, press releases, cornerstone content – this will really attract backlinks – newsletter, new content or promotions
10. Social SEO will move you up the search engine rankings – and ultimately bring you more business
Let Mymarketing AID help you get started with this; we already handle a number of Social Media sites for clients feeding information from their websites and blogs through to Social Media sites to move them up the rankings. In fact take a look at our pages on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn as an example.
If you’d like to discuss the possibilities more, please give the Mymarketing AID team a call on 0161 452 0311.
Tags:backlinks, boost search rankings, facebook, google, keywords, LinkedIn, mmadigital, ranking, search engine optimisation, seo, social media, social signals, Twitter, visibility, website
Categorised in: Blog