7 top Google+ tips
January 25, 2012 7:43 pm
It is the new buzz word that everyone is talking about. Google+ seems to be popping up everywhere, but like anything new, businesses are understandably sceptical and reluctant to invest their time.
So, what is it and why should you be taking notice?
Google+ is the latest tool in social networking and is great for your social media and your search engine ranking.
Just by having a profile on Google+ immediately raises your search engine ranking on Google organically.
When your customers ‘like’ you on Google+, it immediately makes a difference to online search results – boosting you higher up the rankings
With Google+, the ability to segment your followers using the circle app means you can target your marketing to different sectors of your followers
– Google+ now has more than 10 million users
– Google+ sees more than “one billion items shared and received” per day
– The Google +1 button is “being served 2.3 billion times a day”
– Search Engine Land, January 2012
Here are our 7 top tips for using Google+:
1. Update your profile and make sure everyone can see all of your business contact information
2. Add a Google+ button to your website
3. Use the Google hang-outs to communicate with your customers
4. Add friends from the suggestions box and your mail accounts, such as Yahoo and Hotmail
5. Create a circle with all of the companies you network with or a circle on a specific industry
6. Don’t just think about it, give it a go
For help with setting up your Google+ account, or for complete Google+ management, call us on 0161 452 0311 or email us here.
Categorised in: Blog